Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Stories

Sorry it's been a while trying to figure out how to keep this blog up, hope I still have some readers out there! Thought I'd share some stories about what it is like being a Mom with 3 under 3yrs. old. Today for instance I needed to wash Samuel and Trinity's blankets. They both have become very attached to them lately and I was making them keep the blankets in there bed but with Trinity teething this week I let her take it around the house for comfort but in doing this it has gotten super dirty. So I put them in the wash and for 45 min she through a fit, no kidding. Crocodile tears, red face, lots of screaming and crying. I tried to give her another blanket but didn't work. During all this Samuel is running around screaming "Cadia Cadia" that is what he calls her. And Esther was sleeping and got woken up by all this. We got through it though and she has a clean blanket now, yay. The other day was a little crazy I tried to go the store with all 3 alone. So I put Esther in this snugly carrier thingy on me, put Trinity in the front of the cart and made Samuel sit in the cart. It actually went pretty well the only thing that was hard was when Samuel had to pee twice and I had to lift him out while holding Esther. People were giving me some looks one lady asked me if I was babysitting. I said no these are all mine, she said I pity you. Didn't know what to say but Oh Thanks!

Well I know it does sound crazy but there has been a special grace with having 3, I'm still trying to figure out how to organize my time though. I want to get up early and pray but sometimes the baby wakes up early too so I pray with her but I really enjoy just me and God time! Also trying to figure out when to cook, clean and do laundry, I mean I do it when the kids are pretty much running around at my feet but then something usually comes up like a diaper needing changed, or nursing, or spit up. But in all this I'm feeling the Lord's delight over me. I've been finding myself chuckling when something crazy happens or one of the kids go bazurk and I just say oh Lord you delight in me and it feels like He is smiling over me, love it! Well there ya go, have a blessed day!
~Hilary

2 comments:

susanna said...

good hil, you've got a good perspective. and just remember there is no condemnation in Christ. no shame for not having "time" to pray--or get alone...i know you long for it, but it's not required....being a mom of 4, it's not possible! so i finally realize it's not required...oi! slow lessons learned and religious chips being broken off..hallelujah!! ( i hope that makes sense and comes across as encouraging!)

my name is heather. said...

Ahhh you wonderful ladies. It's like a refreshing drink to get a little peek into your lives once again. Some of my best memories of alone time with the Lord have been about 2 minutes long when I ran into my closet (literally) and sat there in the dark, telling God I really want to be with Him.
I think my biggest encouragement came when I heard Diane Bickle say that our FIRST identity is not in being a mom, it's in being LOVED. "I am loved, and I'm a lover, therefore, I am a success."